New Home Builders In Cedar Park Tx
What should my builder do during the Architectural Design Phase of the project?
We have found that homeowners approach custom homebuilding in one of these two ways.
Start designing their home with an architect. Wait until the plans are complete before you choose a builder or interior designer.
Path 2: At the START phase of the architectural design phase, create a trusting team that includes an architect, builder, as well as and interior designer.
Many people start this journey believing that Path 1 is the best path. You will design a home, price it, make your selections and then build it. This seems like a great way to start if you've never done this before. This path often leads to frustrating results for homeowners.
Are you unsure if an architect or builder is the best choice? Learn more.
Path 1 is at best a delay to the beginning of construction. Homeowners rush to make the initial design selections. They then update their architectural and engineering plans to reflect these selections. Finally, they wait for comprehensive construction estimates from builders and work through permitting approvals, and site preparation.
Worst case, the homeowner discovers that the home designed by the architect can't be built within their budget. This can lead to costly architectural revisions or even the sad decision to stop building their dream home.
These scenarios have been repeated many times over the three decades we've been custom new home builders in Cedar Park Tx. But, Path 2 is becoming more popular as homeowners learn more about the custom home building before they take their first steps.
The team is taking the good advice from everyone to put together their dream team of interior designers, builders, and architects EARLY. This will allow for the most efficient and smoothest way to start construction. It also makes it more enjoyable and collaborative.
This is why you should ask your custom builder to address the architectural design phase.
- Working closely with your architect or interior designer
- Keeping plan development on schedule
- Unique design ideas, based on their home building experience
- After your initial home design, you can prepare a preliminary estimate
- We offer valuable insight and construction expertise
- Value-engineering and cost-saving solutions
- High-Performance Home Specifications
- How to mitigate potential issues in constructability
- Harmonizing home design and budget
- Incorporating universal design elements to allow for aging-in-place
- Provide the interior designer with a clear way to tackle selections
- Facilitating civil and structural engineering processes
- Preparing submission packages for city permits and HOA approval
- Start the extensive bidding process
- Get a head start on pre-construction tasks that do not require a permit or HOA approval
It is important to remember that your custom builder can accomplish so much during the architectural design phase. Your builder will ensure your budget and design are in line. They will also make sure your home goes smoothly from the architectural design phase into the pre-construction and construction stages without any delays. You'll be able to trust your builder throughout the process, which will make the custom home building experience enjoyable, creative, collaborative, and fun!
Cedar Park Home Remodelers
Cedar Park, Tx
(737) 307 8281